Thursday, April 4, 2013

Power Breakfast Smoothie

As I'm still changing things up this week, I thought I'd share my favorite super healthy breakfast smoothie.  If you're wondering about what this has to do with cleaning, well it has to do with eating healthier to cleanse your body!  Part of my new year's resolution for my family and myself was to remove processed food as much as we can from our diets and we're trying our best to live by this.  As I'm usually pretty rushed in the morning, this is a great on the go breakfast that I take to work in a travel mug.  I have it every single day, and only usually cheat on the weekends.  The added bonus is I sip it throughout the morning and it keeps me full a lot longer then a piece of toast.

I've tried many different smoothies and I love this one as it's easy to make, high in nutrition, uses (mostly) organic wholesome ingredients and most importantly again keeps me full until lunch!

B's Power Breakfast Smoothie

2 tbsp Greek Yogurt
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/4 cup Quick Oats (I purchase organic PCs quick rolled oats)
1 tbsp Organic Traditions Chia and Flax Seed Powder (substitute for any chia/flax powder or grind your own)
1/2 Banana
3 Frozen Strawberries (organics PC is excellent and available at Loblaws/Zehrs)
1/4 cup Power Blend Frozen fruit (again organics PC - contains blueberries, cherries and blackberries)
1 cup Spinach
1/2 tsp Honey
Blender


Directions:

In your blender combine the oats and chia powder and a little water, enough to soak the oats, and blend first into a smooth pulp.  The reason I do this is because I've found the oats don't blend properly when combined with other ingredients and remain chunky (which doesn't work sipping on a straw)!  To that add the rest of your ingredients and blend to a smooth consistency.  Pour into a glass or travel mug and you're good to go.


Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment