Monday, April 1, 2013

Brown Sugar Salt Scrub


Let's change things up a bit from all the cleaning talk and talk about something that I have a lot more fun with (ok not really maybe just as much fun), scrubs!  I was looking for a good organic scrub, (especially needed after a very harsh Canadian winter), and the one I did finally like that seemed to contain less chemicals ran at about $65 from the company Fresh at Sephora.  There was no way I was going to spend that kind of money on a scrub that contained primarily brown sugar!  So I started experimenting with different homemade scrubs and the one I am sharing now is probably my favorite.

It's got loads of really great skin soothing properties with almond and coconut oil and exfoliating properties with brown sugar and salt.
Brown Sugar

B's Brown Sugar Salt Scrub
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup salt
3 tbs coconut oil
3 tsp almond oil



Instructions:
Combine the above ingredients in a large bowl until it thoroughly forms into a paste.  You may also add extra oil if the scrub seems dry.  Once done, transfer to pretty little containers,  (ok you don't have to but it's just a nice little touch) and enjoy!  That's it!  Simple easy and all natural!



How to use:  One quick tip on how to use.  I've used this scrub on my hands with a little bit of water (and my husbands course dry hands) and it has completely removed all dead skin!  If you have super sensitive skin you can choose to wet your hands and not add any salt (substitute with extra brown sugar) to the mixture..

In the shower it is best to use the scrub as the final step.  After you have soaped and rinsed scrub in circular motions and rinse with warm water.  As an added bonus you won't need to moisturize afterwards and the scrub will leave your skin smelling so sweet, without any artificial fragrance or chemicals!  The only thing to be careful is that due to the oil it will leave your shower slippery, so be careful.  I usually spray some vinegar in the shower and rinse with hot water to remove the oil (not to mention a quick clean of the shower).

No comments:

Post a Comment