Friday, March 15, 2013

Welcome!

Hi guys! Welcome to my Naturally B page, where I hope we can share ideas about living clean!  'Living clean', what does that actually mean?  To me it means living in a less chemically dependent household, eating organically and overall decluttering our lives. (I'm a bit of an organizing nut!)

A little background...


We all make the typical New Year's Resolutions to workout and eat healthy. Of course I myself made this same resolution once again this year with all great expectations to stick to it. The exercise part fell through within a month, but the 'clean' eating part was what I really decided to focus on.  Homemade breakfast shakes (my coworkers can attest to this as I drink my shake every morning), eating less sugar, avoiding processed foods etc. The other big change came about when my sister told me about the 'no shampoo method' (I'll get into that later and also provide my experience with it), and from there I started looking at all the products, household cleaners, even toxins in 'green' cleaners etc that are part of our daily lives.  I experimented and made my first all purpose home cleaner, and I am hooked!  (Do you really need more than 1-2 cleaners to clean the bathroom???)

I can now say I have removed all household cleaners (I hung on to them in a box in a garage for a while because I wasn't sure how long this 'phase' would last). The cleaners I make work just like any other product you buy from the store-if not better! Best of all they do not require a gas mask and well ventilated area to ensure they are working! (Many a times I have cleaned with my shirt over my nose!)
                       
So what can you expect from my blog??

I'll be sharing some of my breakfast shakes, recipes, home cleaners, scrubs, etc and hope we can exchange ideas, and at the very least you will benefit from some of my tips. Who knows, I might even throw in some organizing tips as well, as this page is naturally B - (B has been my nickname for years!)

As a side note, by no means do I claim to be a chemist or anything so as a disclaimer please use at your own risk (shouldn't be any, but I'll just add this in, especially if you're allergic to one of the ingredients I use.)

Anyways, this is the perfect time to post about cleaning products and tips, as we all start our spring cleaning!  Leave me a comment and please don't forget to like on Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. Assalam aleikum,
    I'd suggest adding a "Google Friend Connect" gadget [or a "subscribe via email"] in the sidebar so it's easier for people to "follow" the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the tip will do!

    ReplyDelete