Friday, March 22, 2013

Let's Talk Supplies

With your homemade cleaners I would 100% recommend investing in a few hardworking supplies to get the best use out of them.

A must in my books:
  • Microfiber cloths- nothing wipes and shines mirrors, stainless steel and glass surfaces as does microfiber cloths.  I buy mine from HomeSense or Canadian Tire (in the car cleaning section).  However, they are readily available in the cleaning section of most supply stores.  I do prefer ones in pretty colors!  Paper towels do not work nearly as well as good quality microfiber cloths, and are reusable so much better for the environment.
  • Spray bottles- You can purchase spray bottles from most hardware stores, I bought mine from Canadian Tire from their garden section.  I like to purchase ones that are at least the size below, as you can make a good quantity of the cleaner.  (Less refilling required.)  As a tip, I keep labeled All Purpose Cleaners in my washrooms and kitchen. 
  • Salt pepper shaker (why????) - I'll tell you why, to store baking soda.  It just makes it so much easier when sprinkling in the kitchen (sink, stove, pots and pans), and in the bathroom, (toilets and sink).  I again leave these shakers filled with baking soda in all the washrooms and kitchen.
  • Label maker-  I know a permanent marker would work too, but I do prefer neat labeling.  Anyone that knows me understands my need for aesthetics.   The label maker I use is from DYMO that I purchased from Staples here in Canada.  It was on sale for $20!  Best part is it comes with a magnet clip so you can just store it on the side of your fridge.

  • Miscellaneous items- the rest of the items that I use regularly are scouring sponges, liquid dish washing soap, j-cloths, toothbrush (to get into the corners), your basic cleaning supplies.
Hope these tips are helping you on your way to natural cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment